Are you our next Project Manager? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager with experience working in health care to join the Aboriginal Health team in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will report to the Executive Director of Aboriginal Health and the Director of Indigenous Research to lead and direct all aspects of assigned projects for your designated programs/services within a designated Community of Care (CoC) and/or throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). The projects are focused on expanding the implementation of an Indigenous cultural safety initiative with a large hospital site.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspire others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff.
- Work on projects that may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes.
- Communicate with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaise with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- PMP designation and experience working in health care are assets.
Preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.