Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nursing Unit Assistant join the Operating Rooms team at UBC Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Unit Assistant at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in a team based environment and perform clerical/receptionist functions in the support of the delivery of client care.
- Place client/family needs above all other concerns.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as:
- transcribing and processing physicians’ orders
- communicating with other departments and hospitals to coordinate client appointments and transportation
- arranging client tests and receiving results
- receiving visitors and answering the telephone, and prioritizing requests
- Assemble and maintain client charts, arrange for client admissions and discharges.
- Perform timekeeping functions and compile statistics.
- Type and distribute a variety of technical and non-technical reports and other materials.
- Maintain an inventory of stationery supplies, and ensure filing systems are maintained.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.