Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Health Worker to join the North Shore Home Support team in West Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team! Community Health Workers are a core part of our communities as caregivers and make a significant impact on the quality of life of their clients and patients. We reimburse mileage between client visits, ferry travel cost (if applicable) and difference between “To and From work” and “Business” class insurance coverage.
As a Community Health Worker 2 at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Providing home support services to clients while working under the direction of the Supervisor/Coordinator/Manager or delegate.
- Assisting clients with the activities of daily living within varied settings to promote maximum independence.
- Observing and documenting on your clients’ health conditions and environment, reporting significant and unsafe observations and providing support and guidance.
- Providing input and feedback in the care planning process.
- Assisting in meeting the nutritional and elimination needs of clients.
- Performing additional delegated tasks under the Transfer of Function guidelines for clients in specific situations for which training has been provided.
New grads of the Health Care Assistant program are welcome to apply!
Community Health Workers at Vancouver Coastal Health operate within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Home Support/Resident Care Aide program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current/Active Registration with BC Community Health Worker and Care Aide Registry.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Home management skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.