Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join the Speech Language Pathology team at the Central Community Health Centre in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Speech Language Pathologist with VCH you will:
- Assess, diagnose and treat the full range of communication and swallowing disorders.
- Complete client reports, educate clients/family, provide counselling and consultation, and present lectures.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team rounds, risk management and research, and provide leadership to new employees and Speech-Language Pathology students
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia.
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of speech-language pathology diagnostic and therapeutic principals, procedures and approaches, and clinical best practices relevant to the birth to school-entry population.
- Specialized knowledge of early child development, adult learning and principles of family-centered service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with children and families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer equipment and other related technology.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage ongoing purposeful change.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.