Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the Drug Treatment Court team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Administrative Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide administrative services and program support.
- Act as a receptionist, and office organizer, performs word processing and transcription duties; arranges, attends and takes minutes of meetings, maintains and compiles statistics, supports research, database and website maintenance, and other special projects, sets up and maintains electronic and paper filing systems, and receives incoming/outgoing material.
- Maintains timekeeping records for team members and inventory of program supplies and participates in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, and Graduate of an approved Office Assistant/Secretarial program or business administration program and three (3) years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, desktop publishing and data base software.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven ability to be sensitive, tactful and diplomatic with clients, volunteers and the public.
- Strong knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proven ability in time management skills and with the ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, multi-task, work independently with minimal direction, problem solve, take initiative, anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in cooperation with others within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in handling and disclosing of sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proven advanced word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation skills with current software applications (Excel, Word, Access).
- Ability to keyboard at 5000 strokes per hour.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to perform relevant calculations.
- Ability to compile information.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.