Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nurse Clinician/Clinical Resource Nurse to join the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) at UBC Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Clinician/CRN in Acute & Ambulatory Care you will:
- Provide leadership and apply specialized theory and knowledge relating to designated/specific patient/client populations to promote the delivery of safe, ethical and quality care.
- Act as a clinical resource by providing consultation and clinical support to the interdisciplinary care team, other professionals and students.
- Promote excellence in patient/client centered care, education and research.
- Participate in direct patient/client and family care, when required.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of post basic Critical Care Specialty Nursing Certificate Program, plus three (3) years' recent, related experience a tertiary level Post Anaesthetic Recovery Unit.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally on a one to one and group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the assessment and treatment of specialized patient/client population utilizing best available evidence informed practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on educations theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive and creative learning environment.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable wordprocessing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.