Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for an RN to join its team in the Hospitalist Medicine unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in the Hospitalist Medicine unit you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for patients who present with acute medical illnesses.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated patient/client group- Hospitalist Acute Medicine
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Dementia; Delirium; Diabetes; Liver disease (including cirrhosis); Renal disease; Failure to thrive; CHF; COPD; UTI; Pneumonia; Alcohol and drug dependency)
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Oxygenation and airway maintenance; IV Therapy; Dysphagia; Continuous Bladder Irrigation (CBI); Dementia and delirium management; Sepsis; Complex wound care; Ulcer management; Palliative care (including pain management); Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.