Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team in the Operating Rooms at Richmond Hospital. As an RN in the Operating Rooms at Richmond Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other members of the surgical team.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in operating room nursing, or two years’ recent, related experience in an acute care operating room environment.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing techniques, standards, instrumentation, supply and equipment requirements for a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.