Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the Cardiac/COVID-19 Medicine Unit at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BC as a Patient Care Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Coordinator, Patient Care (Acute & Ambulatory Care) with VCH, you will:
- Coordinate patient care activities in a defined area of clinical expertise and provides leadership, supervision and guidance to designated staff.
- Facilitates efficient patient flow and patient access within and between units/programs/clinics.
- Ensure a high standard of patient care by acting as a clinical resource for staff, supporting staff training and development and providing leadership and support to the interdisciplinary team.
- Assist the Manager with performing administrative duties and coordinates staffing, scheduling and clinical research activities, ensuring optimal use of patient care resources.
- Promote education and research.
- Consult and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, the leadership team and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in patient and family centered care and enhancement in the quality of life.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required.
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated clinical area including one (1) year's related administrative/supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License, as travel within the geographic area requires the use of a vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of evidence informed nursing practice related to designated clinical area.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.