Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Technology Advisor to join the Contract Management team. Apply today to join our team.
As a Technology Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide technology and business system applications oversight and leadership development to the Contract Management Database.
- Supports, develops, and maintains all system and technology projects (such as DocuSign implementation) for the department and other program areas, performing quality control on all outgoing research and insights.
- Contract Management Database administration: maintenance, prevention and correcting errors and defects; enhancements, and making changes to increase the value provided by the system; and providing system validation procedures, maintenance reports, deactivation plans, and other documents, plans and reports. This role will be a subject matter expect in analyzing the current system in preparation of the upcoming system upgrade.
- Work closely with other CMO team members and clinical operations stakeholders to identify and refine technology project opportunities.
- Customizing reporting to suit departmental or project business needs, advising management on recommendations for improving internal and external processes and/or implementing new processes that have the potential to continually improve the provision of patient care, enhancing staff work processes and optimizing the use of organizational resources.
- Provides business systems analysis by carrying out work flow analysis, developing business information requirements and models, assisting in defining business scope and objectives and planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business processes.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Health Information Systems Management, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent field
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ of experience in statistics, analytics, or machine learning or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with an electronic health information system is preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to determine underlying causes of system failures - rewrite code (HTML and java script) to fix system issues and be able to conceptualize what the code is supposed to do
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills for specifying inputs and formatting outputs to meet system users’ needs.
- Ability to present complex analytical findings in relatable and understandable terms to senior management stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation skills.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.