Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager Psychiatry to join the team at HOpe Center. Apply today to join our team!
As a Manager Psychiatry with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Program Director
- Supports the Region’s purpose statement, values and strategic goals.
- Ensures leadership and management of the human, financial and material resources for the assigned sub-program by developing, implementing and evaluating a fully integrated regional service delivery model to meet the health needs of the residents of the North Shore.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in a health related discipline
- Five years’ related experience in a management role within the health field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven skills as an effective manager in a unionized environment and as a manager of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage human, financial, capital and other resources
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cooperatively with groups, individuals and organizations toward the attainment of mutual goals.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide leadership and foster innovation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and use judgement in balancing work priorities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in timely manner.
- Ability to operate related software programs.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.