- Health Assessment: Experienced with diverse populations, mental health status exam (MMSE), monitoring of patients
with chronic mental health challenges: cognitive impairment, schizophrenia and dementia, geriatric population.
- Health Education: Medication management of complex conditions with polypharmacy, education to families on
breast-feeding, post-partum discharge planning, motivational interviewing to promote positive health behaviour changes.
- Documentation & Communication: Proficient with Electronic Medical Record (EMR)/ Patient Care System (PCS)
software including EPIC, Powerchart, Meditech, Point Click Care
- Patient Care Planning: Developed patient care plans matched to unique health challenges of client and aligned to
- Inter-professional Collaboration: Detailed communication and co-ordinated efforts with allied health team to provide
optimal patient care
- Family-Centred Care: Collaborated with families to provide safe, comprehensive nursing care in hospital and
preparation for discharge to home.
- Gerontology and Acute Care of Elders (ACE): General Internal Medicine specialised on unique needs of older adults
- Medication Administration: Managed daily medication regimens for all 33 patients on unit, ensuring both timely
administration and appropriate form for individual diet restrictions, monitored for side effects and expected outcomes.
- Acute Medical Care: Managed acute illness while preventing or minimising functional, cognitive and physical
disability, assessment and monitoring of client vital signs.
- Orthopaedic Rehab: Supported clients with activities of daily living and improvement of functional abilities to resume
independent health management.
- Advanced Nursing Skills: Telemetry/Cardiac Monitor, Phlebotomy, IV Medication, SC/IM Injections, Catheterisation,
Emergency, PACU, Conscious Sedation
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS SUMMARY
- Project Management: Business development experience handling multiple assignments
- Team Leadership: Direct accountability and mentorship experience for a team of 3 sales analysts
- Communication/Public Presentation: Developing PowerPoints targeting executive level and down of an organisation
- Business Planning: Aligning annual targets with quarterly forecasts, managing department financial budgets
- Analysis: Expertise with databases and Excel software, KPI measurement and score-carding
Don Mills Surgical Unit - PACU & Recovery supporting Bariatric, Orthopaedic & Cosmetic Surguries - Casual
• Nursing Resource Team (NRT) - Full Time Sept 2019 - Oct 2020
o Supporting MedSurg, Emerg, Mental Health, Stroke, CCC, and ALC units
6ES - Part Time
HEALTHCARE EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
Responsible for delivering overall sales and profitability for Loblaw, Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart Canada portfolio
Led overall category review of the diabetes therapeutic area: brought together vendor category insights, identified key
growth opportunities to build pharmacy services diabetes strategic master plan.
- Developed and presented superior diabetes patient management tools based on research findings for use by over 2000
pharmacists at national conference.
-Managed overall category management relationship with Walmart Canada for Nestlé foods and Nestlé Purina Petcare
LEADERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Supported development and delivery of marketing and sales strategies for all urology drug products.
- Developed scientific literature primer as sales tool for business unit, presented key articles at the national sales meeting.
- Managed vendor database; designed patient recruitment program with input from sales managers.
BUSINESS EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE