Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Occupational Therapist to join the Mental Health Housing Services team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an Occupational Therapist 2 - Mental Health Housing Services you will:
- Participate as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Provide supervision to non-paramedical staff, plan, develop and implement psychosocial rehabilitation assessment and intervention to clients living in the continuum of supported mental health and addiction housing.
- Provide occupational therapy services to clients who are seriously affected by substance abuse and mental health problems to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
- Perform assessments on client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach, plan and implement outcome oriented services, evaluate the effectiveness of the services, act as a clinical resource for the team, prepare and maintain records, participate in interdisciplinary research, demonstrate safe and effective resource utilization and quality management, and contribute to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
- Contribute to the organization and delivery of occupational therapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education.
- Collaborate with family members / significant others, inter-disciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Act as a consultant to case managers and housing providers to help determine optimal support and housing options for clients.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.