Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinician with a Master's Degree in a Behavioural Science to join the team at GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre as a Care Management Coordinator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Care Management Coordinator you will:
- Facilitate care for assigned patients’ hospitalization from admission through discharge.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the acute interprofessional team to expedite effective patient care and coordinate timely sustainable discharge plans.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and provide direction to the interdisciplinary team on the appropriate level of care and determines sustainable, quality discharge plans.
- Intervene to address barriers, and provide leadership as needed to achieve optimal outcomes, including securing funding and approvals for services as required.
- Develop and recommend changes in policies, procedures and standards to support effective care management and discharge planning.
- Provide assistance and support to clients and families in the transition from acute rehabilitation to the community.
- Apply the use of data in own practice; identify where to focus efforts, the measurement of progress towards identified outcomes, and as an educational tool to ensure that the plan of care and services provided are patient focused, high quality, efficient, and effective.
- Participate in committees, task groups, continuing education, and/or corporate initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a related, regulated Health Sciences discipline such as Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology or Social Work plus three (3) years’ recent, related rehabilitation care experience including one (1) year experience in case management and discharge planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the applicable regulatory body.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice within community rehabilitation, and a patient/family centered model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of most neurological disabilities and rehabilitation processes, current trends and practice.
- Broad knowledge of evidence based practice related to various patient population groups and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to a case management process.
- Broad knowledge of pathophysiology and pharmacology and demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to safely plan discharge.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.