Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Informatics Specialist to join the Clinics Informatics team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead and promote the integration of computer and communications technologies and clinical change initiatives that automate and/or enhance evidence-based clinical practices, access to patient/client information and clinical documentation via the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in collaboration with clinical leaders, service and program managers and directors, physicians and staff.
- Work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of clinical initiatives that assist in the successful transitioning to a fully integrated EHR throughout VCH programs and services.
Education & Experience
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Allied Health or patient care/clinical related specialty
- Five (5) years’ experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership.
- Experience implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments is an asset.
- Current full practicing registration with the applicable provincial College or Association is required.
- Recent related working experience/knowledge in the specific area is required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Maintains clinical competency, practice standards of care, and knowledge; and supports the integration of evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Demonstrated experience in policy and procedure development and/or clinical documentation standards, business process analysis and reengineering techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice in effective problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical, operational and vendor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates change management orientation in their work and possesses an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, facilitate and lead others.
- Demonstrates strong research and evaluation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with current multiple applications relevant to the role.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting, when applying indicate the specific area of specialty.
Various Areas for Clinical Informatics Specialist
- Allied Health
- Clinical Trials
- Hyperberic/Critical Care
- Burns/Critical Care
- ED/Urgent Care
- Long Term Care
- Ambulatory/Neuro Spine/Medicine
- Ortho Trauma/Surgery
- Perio-Op/Peri Anesthesia
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.