Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join its Home Health team in Vancouver, BC in a Case Management capacity. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with the Home Health Team you will:
- Provide case management services and clinical and consultative social work services to a select population of clients and families experiencing brittle support systems, family conflict, social functioning and mood and behaviour issues.
- Conduct social and psychosocial assessments, and provide individual, family and group counselling services.
- Maintain client records.
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences.
- Provide Home and Community Care assessments.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients, and contribute to the effectiveness and development of community resources.
- Plan with clients for care and support in accordance with their health needs.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with team members, developing/evaluating care plans and coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, and coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
ABOUT HOME HEALTH PROGRAMS:
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
THE CLIENT POPULATION:
Home Health clients typically have on-going health issues and/or complex personal and/or social issues, requiring care planning and coordination of appropriate resources. Clients include frail elderly, younger clients with disabilities, and adults with chronic illnesses requiring supports to maintain/promote independence. Pacific Spirit serves the West side of Vancouver including Kerrisdale, Arbutus Ridge, Shaughnessy, Kitsilano, Dunbar, Point Grey, and Southlands neighbourhoods, and the UBC Endowment Lands.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience in case management working with geriatric clients and adults with chronic and acute illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.